Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Wash up of my CD launch

Howdy folks!. Well, It's almost been a month since my CD launch on the 29th Oct, at the St Kilda Bowling club, and I'm still buzzing at how well it went .I just received a few more photos back from the night, so now i can tell you all about it!
The great flyer, done by the very talented Leah Gamble

I'd Travelled down to Melbourne the night before to meet up with Jamie 'Dingo' Suppa, and hit the town. We went along to a gig my W.A friends, Harry Deluxe and Johnny Law were putting on, which was held at a brand new venue  in Johnston St Fitzroy called The LuWow . Such a cool venue! It's been decked out in a  Hawaiian theme, and the attention to detail is amazing!
The gig was great, and the W.A musos teamed up with Melbourne's own Tyron Shaw on Double Bass, and Ray Tully on Drums, 2 muso's who feature on my CD!
It was a great way to get in the mood for the following night, and just relax, catch up with mates and enjoy watching others perform.
Dingo and I left JUST in time to catch the last tram to his place :)
Next morning, we headed out to Lardner Park in Warrigal to set up Dingo's CD stall at Johns Pick nick.
Unfortunately it rained most of the morning, and had scared most people away. After staying for lunch and catching a band or two Dingo and I decided to head back into town, and get ready for the big night.
We freshened up, and made out way to the bowling club nice and early. so we could start setting the room up.
It wasn't too long before we'd set the PA up, had done a sound check, and people started to show up.
I was so very lucky to have Kieron McDonald performing in his first gig back from living in Germany, and he was the first cab off the rank. Kieron and his band 'The Flatfoot Shakers' were a band I'd always loved to watch perform, and Kieron was the guy who introduced me to Dingo 5 years earlier, and without whom, my Cd would never have ever came about. So it was an absolute pleasure to have him start the show for me, and it was like he'd never left. He and the boys just nailed his set, and it was so good to watch him perform again.
By the end of his set, there would've been about 150 very appreciative people in the audience, and Dingo kept the crowed happy by spinning a few classic tracks, and some strollers for the girls!
By now, the Pizza's had came, the boys were fed, and it was my turn to face the music. After a successful gig at Camperdown the weekend before, we were pretty confident of a good show, and I've got to say, I think it was our best yet!. The boys played exceptionally well, the set really flowed well, I managed to remember all my words, and the crowed really seemed to dig it!
Here's a few links to footage, very kindly taken, and uploaded to youtube for me by Chrissy Magill.  Set me loose on that blonde, Broke on pay day again, Teenage boogie, Suddenly Alone
And a few photos taken by Brooke Orchard, Juliue Poulter and Kelly McDonald





C'mon and fight me!



It was great to see people singing along to my original songs, and also enjoying the few covers I slipped into my set.
After my set was done, and I got through the 2 encores, I sold about 20 CD's and was able to relax an mingle in the crowed.
With Sarah and Ross Attwell
With Kieron and Dingo. This night would never have happened without these guys
Hanks Jalopy Demons finished the night off with a crakin set of red hot rockabilly, and kept the joint jumpin till the wee hours of the morning. Hank is a quiet unassuming guy off stage, but get him behind a mic, and guitar, and he goes off! (unfortunately I've got no photos of Hank on the night)
Hank, Kieron, and the boys and I had been toying with the idea of teaming up more often to do a few shows, and after the success of this night, it'll be a certainty.
So that's it. The night was as good as I had hoped it could be(something I dont often say!)  and as I told the crowd that night, it was a dream come true to play at that venue, with those musos, and singers, to that crowd, promoting my own CD!
I'd like to say a special thank you to Rose and Chrissy for 'manning' the door for us, and keeping the non payers out! And also for taking photos and footage for me, I like to call them 'Scotty Angels' Well done girls!
Hope to see y'all at my next gig, which will be with the same line up, plus Itchy Fingers, at the Monash Hotel for New years eve
Till then, take care
Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment